View : 109 Download: 32
Tubular D-branes in Salam-Sezgin model
- Tubular D-branes in Salam-Sezgin model
- Kim C.; Kim Y.; Kwon O.-K.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of High Energy Physics
- Journal of High Energy Physics vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 417 - 429
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- We study DBI-type effective theory of an unstable D3-brane in the background manifold ℝ1,1 × M2 where M 2 is an arbitrary two-dimensional manifold. We obtain an exact tubular D2-brane solution of arbitrary cross sectional shape by employing 1/ cosh tachyon potential. When M2 = S2, the solution is embedded in the background geometry ℝ1,3 × S2 of Salam-Sezgin model. This tachyon potential shows a unique property that an array of tachyon soliton solutions has a fixed period which is independent of integration constants of the equations of motion. The thin BPS limit of the configurations leads to supertubes of arbitrary cross sectional shapes. © SISSA/ISAS 2004.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
Tubular D-branes.pdf(200.65 kB)
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.