View : 33 Download: 11
Tachyon tube and supertube
- Tachyon tube and supertube
- Kim C.; Kim Y.; Kwon O.-K.; Yi P.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of High Energy Physics
- Journal of High Energy Physics vol. 7, no. 9, pp. 925 - 943
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- We search for tubular solutions in unstable D3-brane. With critical electric field E = 1, solutions representing supertubes, which are supersymmetric bound states of fundamental strings, D0-branes, and a cylindrical D2-brane, are found and shown to exhibit BPS-like property. We also point out that boosting such a tachyon tube solution generates string flux winding around the tube, resulting in helical electric fluxes on the D2-brane. We also discuss issues related to fundamental string, absence of magnetic monopole, and finally more tachyon tubes with noncritical electric field. © SISSA/ISAS 2003.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
Tachyon tube and supertube.pdf(249.57 kB)
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.