View : 6 Download: 0
Mutational analysis of PMP22, MPZ, GJB1, EGR2 and NEFL in Korean Charcot-Marie-Tooth neuropathy patients.
- Mutational analysis of PMP22, MPZ, GJB1, EGR2 and NEFL in Korean Charcot-Marie-Tooth neuropathy patients.
- Choi B.O.; Lee M.S.; Shin S.H.; Hwang J.H.; Choi K.G.; Kim W.K.; Sunwoo I.N.; Kim N.K.; Chung K.W.
- Ewha Authors
- 최경규; 최병옥
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Human mutation
- vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 185 - 186
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- We examined CMT1A duplication of 17p11.2-p12, mutations of PMP22, MPZ (P0), GJB1 (Cx32), EGR2 and NEFL genes in 57 Korean families with patients diagnosed as having Charcot-Marie-Tooth (CMT) disease. The CMT1A duplication was present in 53.6% of 28 CMT type 1 patients. In the 42 CMT families without CMT1A duplication, 10 pathogenic mutations were found in 9 families. The 10 mutations were not detected in 105 healthy controls. Seven mutations (c.318delT (p.Ala106fs) in PMP22, c.352G>A (p.Asp118Asn), c.449-1G>T (3'-splice site), c.706A>G (p.Lys236Glu) in MPZ, c.407T>C (p.Val136Ala)[corrected], c.502T>C (p.Cys168Arg) in GJB1, and c.1001T>C (p.Leu334Pro) in NEFL) were determined to be novel. The mutation frequencies of PMP22 and MPZ were similar to those found in several European populations, however, it appeared that mutations in GJB1 are less frequent in East Asian CMT patients than in Eur opean patients. We described the identified mutations and phenotype-genotype correlations based on nerve conduction studies. Copyright 2004 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Theses_Master
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.