View : 4 Download: 0
Long-Term Outcomes of Balloon-Occluded Retrograde Transvenous Obliteration for the Treatment of Gastric Varices: A Comparison of Ethanolamine Oleate and Sodium Tetradecyl Sulfate
- Long-Term Outcomes of Balloon-Occluded Retrograde Transvenous Obliteration for the Treatment of Gastric Varices: A Comparison of Ethanolamine Oleate and Sodium Tetradecyl Sulfate
- Chu, Hee Ho; Kim, Minuk; Kim, Hyo-Cheol; Lee, Jong Hyuk; Jae, Hwan Jun; Chung, Jin Wook
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- CARDIOVASCULAR AND INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY
- 0174-1551; 1432-086X
- vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 578 - 586
- Balloon-occluded transvenous obliteration; Gastric varices; Ethanolamine oleate; Sodium tetradecyl sulfate
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- This study was performed to compare the long-term outcomes of balloon-occluded retrograde transvenous obliteration (BRTO) for gastric varices using ethanolamine oleate (EO) and sodium tetradecyl sulfate (STS). From January 2002 to June 2015, 142 patients underwent BRTO for the treatment of gastric varices using EO (n = 59) or STS (n = 83). We retrospectively reviewed the follow-up data related to the obliteration of gastric varices, rebleeding, and clinical complications. The cumulative recurrence rates of gastric varices after BRTO in each group were analyzed using the Kaplan-Meier method and compared using the log-rank test. The median follow-up periods were 23.9 (range 0.2-170.7) months in the BRTO with EO group and 19.9 (range 0.2-84.7) months in the BRTO with STS group. Technical success was achieved in 53 of 59 (89.8%) cases in the BRTO with EO group and 80 of 83 (96.4%) cases in the BRTO with STS group. The clinical success rates were 94.9% (56/59) in the BRTO with EO group and 96.4% (80/83) in the BRTO with STS group. The cumulative 1-, 3-, and 5-year recurrence rates for gastric varices were 3.8, 9.4, and 9.4% in the BRTO with EO group and 1.3, 2.5, and 3.8% in the BRTO with STS group, respectively (p = 0.684). BRTO using STS has comparable long-term outcomes to BRTO using EO for gastric varices.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의료원 > 의료원 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.