View : 7 Download: 0
Comparison of failure patterns between tubular breast carcinoma and invasive ductal carcinoma (KROG 14-25)
- Comparison of failure patterns between tubular breast carcinoma and invasive ductal carcinoma (KROG 14-25)
- Cho, Won Kyung; Choi, Doo Ho; Lee, Jieun; Park, Won; Kim, Yong Bae; Suh, Chang-Ok; Shin, Kyung Hwan; Jeon, Seung Hyuck; Kim, Kyubo; Park, Kyung Ran; Kim, Jin Hee; Ahn, Sung Ja; Yoon, Won Sup; Yang, Dae Sik; Kim, Juree; Lee, Jong Hoon; Yea, Ji Woon
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- 0960-9776; 1532-3080
- vol. 38, pp. 165 - 170
- Tubular carcinoma; Breast cancer; Radiotherapy
- CHURCHILL LIVINGSTONE
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Purpose: Information on tubular carcinoma (TC) of breast is limited due to its rarity. A multi-institutional study was performed to investigate the prognosis and failure patterns of TC compared to invasive ductal carcinoma (IDC). Materials and methods: We collected retrospective data on 205 patients with TC from eleven institutions. For each TC case, 3 cases with IDC were matched according to similar size, t-stage, and n-stage from the same institution. Patterns of failure, disease free survival (DFS) and overall survival (OS) were assessed and compared between the groups. Results: DFS at 5 years was 98.8% and 97.3% and OS at 5 years was 99.5% and 99.6% in TC and IDC, respectively. Among the patients with TC, 5 patients (2.4%) developed contralateral breast cancer, while 3 patients (0.5%) presented with contralateral breast cancer in patients with IDC. Conclusions: The TC of breast presents an excellent prognosis, but the contralateral breast cancer tends to be more frequently observed compared to IDC in Korean women. (c) 2018 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 연구기관 > 의과학연구소 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.