View : 6 Download: 0
2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin can alter the sex ratio of embryos with decreased viability of Y spermatozoa in mice
- 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin can alter the sex ratio of embryos with decreased viability of Y spermatozoa in mice
- You, Young-Ah; Mohamed, Elsayed A.; Rahman, Md Saidur; Kwon, Woo -Sung; Song, Won-Hee; Ryu, Buom-Yong; Pang, Myung-Geol
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- REPRODUCTIVE TOXICOLOGY
- vol. 77, pp. 130 - 136
- Endocrine disruptor; Sex ratio; Spermatozoa; Dioxin; Lifespan
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) is a reproductive and developmental toxicant that can alter the sex ratio of offspring (proportion of male offspring). We hypothesized that the alteration of sex ratio is associated with sex chromosome ratio of live spermatozoa affected by exposure to TCDD. After exposure to TCDD we analyzed simultaneously sperm sex chromosome constitution and viability, and evaluated sperm sex chromosome ratio association with embryo sex ratio in mice. Short-term exposure to TCDD affects the decreased sperm motility and viability, and the increased acrosome reaction. Interestingly, Y spermatozoa survived shorter than X spermatozoa at high concentrations of TCDD. Moreover, the decreased sex ratio of embryos was associated with the short lifespan of Y spermatozoa. Our results suggest that TCDD may affect the fertility of Y spermatozoa more than X spermatozoa. Further studies are needed to compare the difference of fertilizing capability between X and Y spermatozoa by the effect of TCDD. (C) 2018 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 연구기관 > 의과학연구소 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.