View : 158 Download: 0
Changes of [ 3H]muscimol, [ 3H]flunitrazepam and [ 3H]MK-801 binding in rat brain by prolonged ventricular infusion of 7-nitroindazole
- Changes of [ 3H]muscimol, [ 3H]flunitrazepam and [ 3H]MK-801 binding in rat brain by prolonged ventricular infusion of 7-nitroindazole
- Kim E.Y.; Shin K.M.; Jang S.; Oh S.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Neurochemical Research
- Neurochemical Research vol. 29, no. 12, pp. 2221 - 2229
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- In the present study, we have investigated the effects of prolonged inhibition of nitric oxide synthase (NOS) by infusion of neuronal NOS (nNOS) inhibitor, 7-nitroindazole (7-NI), to examine modulation of NMDA and GABA A receptor binding in rat brain. The duration of sleeping time was significantly increased by the pre-treatment with 7-NI (100 mg/kg) 30 min before pentobarbital (40 mg/kg) treatment in rats. However, the duration of pentobarbital-induced sleep was shortened by the prolonged infusion of 7-NI into cerebroventricle for 7 days. We have investigated the effect of NOS inhibitor on NMDA and GABA A receptor binding characteristics in discrete areas of brain regions by using autoradiographic techniques. The GABA A receptors were analyzed by quantitative autoradiography using [ 3H]muscimol and [ 3H]flunitrazepam binding, and NMDA receptor binding was analyzed by using [ 3H]MK-801 binding in rat brain slices. Rats were infused with 7-NI (500 pmol/10 μl/ h, i.c.v.) for 7 days, through pre-implanted cannula by osmotic minipumps. The levels of [ 3H]muscimol were markedly elevated in cortex, caudate putamen, and thalamus while the levels of [ 3H]flunitrazepam binding were only elevated in cerebellum by NOS inhibitor. However, there was no change in the level of [ 3H]MK-801 binding except decreasing in the thalamus. These results show that the prolonged inhibition of NOS by 7-NI-infusion highly elevates [ 3H]muscimol binding in a region-specific manner and decreases the pentobarbital-induced sleep.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.