View : 5 Download: 0
The genome sequence of the ethanologenic bacterium Zymomonas mobil is ZM4
- The genome sequence of the ethanologenic bacterium Zymomonas mobil is ZM4
- Seo J.-S.; Chong H.; Park H.S.; Yoon K.-O.; Jung C.; Kim J.J.; Hong J.H.; Kim H.; Kim J.-H.; Kil J.-I.; Park C.J.; Oh H.-M.; Lee J.-S.; Jin S.-J.; Um H.-W.; Lee H.-J.; Oh S.-J.; Kim J.Y.; Kang H.L.; Lee S.Y.; Lee K.J.; Kang H.S.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Nature Biotechnology
- vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 63 - 68
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- We report the complete genome sequence of Zymomonas mobilis ZM4 (ATCC31821), an ethanologenic microorganism of interest for the production of fuel ethanol. The genome consists of 2,056,416 base pairs forming a circular chromosome with 1,998 open reading frames (ORFs) and three ribosomal RNA transcription units. The genome lacks recognizable genes for 6-phosphofructokinase, an essential enzyme in the Embden-Meyerhof-Parnas pathway, and for two enzymes in the tricarboxylic acid cycle, the 2-oxoglutarate dehydrogenase complex and malate dehydrogenase, so glucose can be metabolized only by the Entner-Doudoroff pathway. Whole genome microarrays were used for genomic comparisons with the Z. mobilistype strain ZM1 (ATCC10988) revealing that 54 ORFs predicted to encode for transport and secretory proteins, transcriptional regulators and oxidoreductase in the ZM4 strain were absent from ZM1. Most of these ORFs were also found to be actively transcribed in association with ethanol production by ZM4.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 컴퓨터공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.