View : 102 Download: 0
New 1:3 type nickel-bis(dithiolene) salt (FcCHCHPymCH3)[Ni(dmit) 2]3 (dmit: 2-thioxo-1,3-dithiole-4,5-dithiolate): Its electrocrystallization, crystal structure, electrical properties, and electronic band structure analysis
- New 1:3 type nickel-bis(dithiolene) salt (FcCHCHPymCH3)[Ni(dmit) 2]3 (dmit: 2-thioxo-1,3-dithiole-4,5-dithiolate): Its electrocrystallization, crystal structure, electrical properties, and electronic band structure analysis
- Han Y.-K.; Seo D.-K.; Kang H.; Kang W.; Noh D.-Y.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry vol. 43, no. 23, pp. 7294 - 7300
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Black single crystals of Ni(dmit)2 complex (dmit: 2-thioxo-1,3-dithiole-4,5-dithiolate) with trans-4-[2-(1-ferrocenyl)-vinyl]-1- methylpyridinium chromophore as a countercation, (FcCHCHPymCH 3)[Ni(dmit)2]3, were prepared by the electrocrystallization technique. In the triclinic structure of the complex (P1, a = 11.430(5) Å, b = 13.349(2) Å, c = 19.355(6) Å, α = 75.15(2)°, β = 79.19(3)°, γ = 82.12(2)°, Z = 2), Ni(dmit)2 anion layers are separated by the cations with a relatively rare 1:3 cation-to-anion ratio. Detailed crystal and electronic structure analysis revealed that the anions are stacked in the layers to form alternating dimers and monomers rather than trimers. The measured electrical conductivity indicates a semiconducting property of the compound with an estimated energy gap of 0.06 eV. The calculated LUMO bands are very narrow, and the semiconducting behavior is more likely due to the electron localization mainly on the dimers, consistent with the observed longer Ni-S bond distances in the dimers.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.