View : 18 Download: 0
Validation of the Korean Version of the Scales for Outcomes in Parkinson's Disease-Sleep
- Validation of the Korean Version of the Scales for Outcomes in Parkinson's Disease-Sleep
- Sung, Young-Hee; Kim, Hee Jin; Koh, Seong-Beom; Kim, Joong-Seok; Kim, Sang Jin; Cheon, Sang-Myung; Cho, Jin Whan; Kim, Yoon-Joong; Ma, Hyeo-Il; Park, Mee Young; Baik, Jong Sam; Lee, Phil Hyu; Chung, Sun Ju; Kim, Jong-Min; Song, In-Uk; Kim, Han-Joon; Kim, Ji-Young; Kwon, Do Young; Lee, Jae-Hyeok; Ahn, Tae-Beom; Lee, Jee-Young; Kim, Ji Seon; Yun, Ji Young; Hong, Jin Yong; Kim, Mi-Jung; Youn, Jinyoung; Kim, Ji Sun; Oh, Eung Seok; Yang, Hui-Jun; Yoon, Won Tae; You, Sooyeoun; Kwon, Kyum-Yil; Park, Hyung-Eun; Lee, Su-Yun; Kim, Younsoo; Kim, Hee-Tae
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF KOREAN MEDICAL SCIENCE
- 1011-8934; 1598-6357
- vol. 33, no. 2
- Parkinson's Disease; Scales for Outcomes in Parkinson's Disease-Sleep; SCOPA-Sleep; Validation
- KOREAN ACAD MEDICAL SCIENCES
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Background: Sleep problems commonly occur in patients with Parkinson's disease (PD), and are associated with a lower quality of life. The aim of the current study was to translate the English version of the Scales for Outcomes in Parkinson's Disease-Sleep (SCOPA-S) into the Korean version of SCOPA-S (K-SCOPA-S), and to evaluate its reliability and validity for use by Korean-speaking patients with PD. Methods: In total, 136 patients with PD from 27 movement disorder centres of university-affiliated hospitals in Korea were enrolled in this study. They were assessed using SCOPA, Hoehn and Yahr Scale (HYS), Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale (UPDRS), Parkinson's Disease Sleep Scale 2nd version (PDSS-2), Non-motor Symptoms Scale (NMSS), Montgomery Asberg Depression Scale (MADS), 39-item Parkinson's Disease Questionnaire (PDQ39), Neurogenic Orthostatic Hypotension Questionnaire (NOHQ), and Rapid Eye Movement Sleep Behaviour Disorder Questionnaire (RBDQ). The test-retest reliability was assessed over a time interval of 10-14 days. Results: The internal consistency (Cronbach's alpha-coefficients) of K-SCOPA-S was 0.88 for nighttime sleep (NS) and 0.75 for daytime sleepiness (DS). Test-retest reliability was 0.88 and 0.85 for the NS and DS, respectively. There was a moderate correlation between the NS sub-score and PDSS-2 total score. The NS and DS sub-scores of K-SCOPA-S were correlated with motor scale such as HYS, and non-motor scales such as UPDRS I, UPDRS II, MADS, NMSS, PDQ39, and NOHQ while the DS sub-score was with RBDQ. Conclusion: The K-SCOPA-S exhibited good reliability and validity for the assessment of sleep problems in the Korean patients with PD.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의료원 > 의료원 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.