View : 168 Download: 0
Conjunctival Flap with Biodegradable Collagen Matrix Implantation for the Treatment of Scleromalacia after Periocular Surgery
- Conjunctival Flap with Biodegradable Collagen Matrix Implantation for the Treatment of Scleromalacia after Periocular Surgery
- Han K.E.; Yoon S.; Jun R.M.; Kim T.; Kim E.K.; Seo K.Y.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Ocular Immunology and Inflammation
- Ocular Immunology and Inflammation, pp. 1 - 8
- Biodegradable collagen matrix; conjunctival flap; cosmetic wide conjunctivectomy; Ologen; pterygium excision; scleromalacia
- Taylor and Francis Ltd
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Article in Press
- Purpose: To report a new surgical procedure using biodegradable collagen matrix (Ologen) implantation with conjunctival flap for reconstruction of scleromalacia after periocular surgery. Methods: A total of 26 areas of 25 eyes in 25 patients were included. We divided all eyes according to the preoperative extent of calcified plaque or scleral defect as follows: small, large, and large and severe. Morphologic outcomes were graded from 0 to 7, with higher scores indicating worse cosmetic outcomes. Results: Mean follow-up period was 8.3 ± 5.6 months. No eyes showed recurrence or specific complications related to Ologen such as implant extrusion or allergic reaction. Minor complications such as flap vessel engorgement and flap hypertrophy were easily treated. Mean morphologic outcome scores were 1.8, 2.4, and 5.3 in groups 1, 2, and 3, respectively. Discussion: The combined surgery may be an effective and safe procedure for the treatment of scleromalacia after periocular surgeries. © 2018, Taylor & Francis. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의료원 > 의료원 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.