View : 60 Download: 0
Detection of proximal caries using quantitative light-induced fluorescence-digital and laser fluorescence: a comparative study
- Detection of proximal caries using quantitative light-induced fluorescence-digital and laser fluorescence: a comparative study
- Yoon H.-I.; Yoo M.-J.; Park E.-J.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Advanced Prosthodontics
- vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 432 - 438
- Bitewing radiography; Laser fluorescence; Proximal caries detection; Quantitative light-induced fluorescence-digital
- Korean Academy of Prosthodontic
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- PURPOSE. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the in vitro validity of quantitative light-induced fluorescence-digital (QLF-D) and laser fluorescence (DIAGNOdent) for assessing proximal caries in extracted premolars, using digital radiography as reference method. MATERIALS AND METHODS. A total of 102 extracted premolars with similar lengths and shapes were used. A single operator conducted all the examinations using three different detection methods (bitewing radiography, QLF-D, and DIAGNOdent). The bitewing x-ray scale, QLF-D fluorescence loss (ΔF), and DIAGNOdent peak readings were compared and statistically analyzed. RESULTS. Each method showed an excellent reliability. The correlation coefficient between bitewing radiography and QLF-D, DIAGNOdent were -0.644 and 0.448, respectively, while the value between QLF-D and DIAGNOdent was -0.382. The kappa statistics for bitewing radiography and QLF-D had a higher diagnosis consensus than those for bitewing radiography and DIAGNOdent. The QLF-D was moderately to highly accurate (AUC = 0.753 - 0.908), while DIAGNOdent was moderately to less accurate (AUC = 0.622 - 0.784). All detection methods showed statistically significant correlation and high correlation between the bitewing radiography and QLF-D. CONCLUSION. QLF-D was found to be a valid and reliable alternative diagnostic method to digital bitewing radiography for in vitro detection of proximal caries. © 2017 The Korean Academy of Prosthodontics.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.