View : 3 Download: 0
Enzyme/whole-cell biotransformation of plant oils, yeast derived oils, and microalgae fatty acid methyl esters into n-nonanoic acid, 9-hydroxynonanoic acid, and 1,9-nonanedioic acid
- Enzyme/whole-cell biotransformation of plant oils, yeast derived oils, and microalgae fatty acid methyl esters into n-nonanoic acid, 9-hydroxynonanoic acid, and 1,9-nonanedioic acid
- Park J.-B.; Seo E.-J.; Yeon Y.J.; Seo J.-H.; Lee J.-H.; Boñgol J.P.; Oh Y.; Park J.M.; Lim S.-M.; Lee C.-G.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Bioresource Technology
- vol. 251, pp. 288 - 294
- Biotransformation; C9 chemicals; Escherichia coli; Microalgae fatty acid methyl esters; Plant oils; Yeast derived oils
- Elsevier Ltd
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Oils and fatty acids are important renewable resources provided by nature. Therefore, biotransformation of renewable oils and fatty acids into industrially relevant C9 chemicals was investigated in this study. Olive oil, soybean oil, yeast derived oil, and microalgae fatty acid methyl esters were converted into n-nonanoic acid, 9-hydroxynonanoic acid, and 1,9-nonanedioic acid by a lipase and a recombinant Escherichia coli expressing oleate hydratase, long chain secondary alcohol dehydrogenase, Baeyer-Villiger monooxygenase, long chain primary alcohol dehydrogenase, and aldehyde dehydrogenase. It was found that n-nonanoic acid and azelaic acid could be produced to a concentration of 4.3 mM from 3 g/L olive oil with a specific product formation rate of 3.1 U/g dry cells. Biotransformation rates were influenced by compositions of fatty acids and purity of the starting material. This study may contribute to the production of industrially relevant C9 chemicals from renewable oils and fatty acids by simultaneous enzyme/whole-cell biotransformation. © 2017 Elsevier Ltd
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 식품공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.