View : 4 Download: 0
A genome-wide association analysis identifies NMNAT2 and HCP5 as susceptibility loci for Kawasaki disease
- A genome-wide association analysis identifies NMNAT2 and HCP5 as susceptibility loci for Kawasaki disease
- Kubo, Michiaki; Tsunoda, Tatsuhiko; Ito, Kaoru; Onouchi, Yoshihiro; Hong, Young Mi; Jang, Gi Young; Lee, Jong-Keuk; Korean Kawasaki Dis Genetics Conso; Kim, Jae-Jung; Yun, Sin Weon; Yu, Jeong Jin; Yoon, Kyung Lim; Lee, Kyung-Yil; Kil, Hong-Ryang; Kim, Gi Beom; Han, Myung-Ki; Song, Min Seob; Lee, Hyoung Doo; Ha, Kee Soo; Sohn, Sejung; Johnson, Todd A.; Takahashi, Atsushi
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF HUMAN GENETICS
- 1434-5161; 1435-232X
- vol. 62, no. 12, pp. 1023 - 1029
- NATURE PUBLISHING GROUP
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Kawasaki disease (KD), a systemic vasculitis of infants and children, manifests as fever and mucocutaneous inflammation. Although its etiology is largely unknown, the epidemiological data suggest that genetic factors are important in KD susceptibility. To identify genetic variants influencing KD susceptibility, we performed a genome-wide association study (GWAS) and replication study using a total of 915 children with KD and 4553 controls in the Korean population. Six single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in three loci were associated significantly with KD susceptibility (P<1.0 x 10(-5)), including the previously reported BLK locus (rs6993775, odds ratio (OR) = 1.52, P = 2.52 x 10(-1)1). The other two loci were newly identified: NMNAT2 on chromosome 1q25.3 (rs2078087, OR = 1.33, P = 1.15 x 10(-6)) and the human leukocyte antigen (HLA) region on chromosome 6p21.3 (HLA-C, HLA-B, MICA and HCP5) (rs9380242, rs9378199, rs9266669 and rs6938467; OR= 1.33-1.51, P= 8.93 x 10(-6) to 5.24 x 10(-8)). Additionally, SNP rs17280682 in NLRP14 was associated significantly with KD with a family history (18 cases vs 4553 controls, OR= 6.76, P= 5.46 x 10(-6)). These results provide new insights into the pathogenesis and pathophysiology of KD.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.