View : 5 Download: 0
Associations of Shift Work and Its Duration with Work-Related Injury among Electronics Factory Workers in South Korea
- Associations of Shift Work and Its Duration with Work-Related Injury among Electronics Factory Workers in South Korea
- Ryu, Jia; Jung-Choi, Kyunghee; Choi, Kyung-Hwa; Kwon, Ho-Jang; Kang, Chungwon; Kim, Hyunjoo
- Ewha Authors
- 최경희; 김현주
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 최경희; 김현주
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH AND PUBLIC HEALTH
- vol. 14, no. 11
- shift work; shift work duration; work-related injuries; gender difference
- MDPI AG
- SCIE; SSCI; SCOPUS
- This study aimed to explore the association between shift work and work-related injuries. We collected data on workers from an electronics factory. This cross-sectional study included 13,610 subjects, who were assessed based on a self-reported questionnaire about their shift work experiences, work-related injuries, and other covariates. Multiple logistic regression models were used to evaluate the associations between shift work and work-related injuries and were estimated using the odds ratio. We found that the current and past shift workers, compared to non-shift workers, were associated with a 2.7- and 1.7-fold higher risk of work-related injury. There was a dose-response relationship between shift work duration and work-related injury among current female shift workers. Shift work increased the risk of work-related injuries, and the impact could be different depending on gender.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.