View : 71 Download: 0
Segment-aware energy-efficient management of heterogeneous memory system for ultra-low-power IoT devices
- Segment-aware energy-efficient management of heterogeneous memory system for ultra-low-power IoT devices
- Choi H.; Koo Y.; Park S.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- 2017 2nd International Multidisciplinary Conference on Computer and Energy Science, SpliTech 2017
- Heterogeneous memory; Internet of Things; Power consumption; Segment; Ultra-Low-Power
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- The emergence of IoT (Internet of Things) has brought various studies on low-power techniques back to embedded systems. In general, minimizing power consumed by program executions is the main consideration of system design. While running programs, executing data-dependent program code results in a large number of memory accesses which consume huge amount of power. Further, most embedded systems consist of multiple types of memory devices, i.e., heterogeneous memory system, to benefit the different characteristics of memory devices. In this paper, we conduct a research on low-power techniques to reduce the power consumption of heterogeneous memory to achieve ultra-low-power in the system level. This study proposes a segment-aware energy-efficient management to improve the power efficiency considering the characteristics and structures of the memory devices. In the proposed approach, the technique migrates program code from allocated memory device to another if the consumed power is considered to be less. We also analyze and evaluate the comprehensive effects on energy efficiency by applying the technique as well. Compared to the unmodified program code, our model reduces power consumption up to 12.98% by migrating functions. © 2017 Univeristy of Split, FESB.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 컴퓨터공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.