View : 7 Download: 0
Prognostic Value of Percentage Change in Metabolic Parameters as Measured by Dual-Time Point 18F-FDG PET/CT in Premenopausal Women with Invasive Ductal Breast Carcinoma
- Prognostic Value of Percentage Change in Metabolic Parameters as Measured by Dual-Time Point 18F-FDG PET/CT in Premenopausal Women with Invasive Ductal Breast Carcinoma
- Yoo J.; Yoon H.-J.; Kim B.S.
- Ewha Authors
- 김범산; 윤혜전
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 김범산; 윤혜전
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Women's Health
- vol. 26, no. 10, pp. 1131 - 1137
- dual time point 18F-FDG PET/CT; invasive ductal breast carcinoma; metabolic tumor volume; prognosis; recurrence-free survival
- Mary Ann Liebert Inc.
- SCI; SCIE; SSCI; SCOPUS
- Objectives: We retrospectively evaluated the prognostic significance of dual-time point (DTP) 18F-FDG positron emission tomography/computed tomography (PET/CT) parameters compared with clinicopathological findings in premenopausal women with invasive ductal breast carcinoma (IDC). Materials and Methods: Sixty-six premenopausal women (mean age: 42.7 ± 5.6, range: 29.5-51.8 years) who had pathologically confirmed IDC were enrolled. The maximum standardized uptake value (SUVmax), metabolic tumor volume (MTV), and total lesion glycolysis (TLG) were measured and used to calculate percentage changes over the DTP time interval. We analyzed the prognostic significance of DTP PET/CT parameters, clinicopathological factors of pathologic tumor diameter (pTD), axillary lymph node status (ANS), nuclear grade, histologic grade, and immunohistochemistry findings using univariate and multivariate analyses. Results: Disease recurrence was observed in 22 patients. In univariate analysis, SUVmax > 7.39, MTV > 4.28, TLG > 52.38, %ΔSUVmax > 20.44, %ΔTLG >-13.86, pTD > 2.8 cm, positive ANS, estrogen receptor (ER) negativity, and triple negativity were associated with worse prognosis than those of opposite groups in recurrence-free survival (all p < 0.05). %ΔSUVmax (>20.44, p = 0.0042), TLG (>52.38, p = 0.0002), and ER negativity (p = 0.0003) were independent prognostic variables after multivariate analysis. Conclusion: Percentage changes in SUVmax using DTP PET/CT and TLG were significant independent prognostic factors of disease recurrence along with ER negativity in premenopausal women with IDC. © 2017, Mary Ann Liebert, Inc.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.