View : 4 Download: 0
Production of 5-aminovaleric acid in recombinant Corynebacterium glutamicum strains from a Miscanthus hydrolysate solution prepared by a newly developed Miscanthus hydrolysis process
- Production of 5-aminovaleric acid in recombinant Corynebacterium glutamicum strains from a Miscanthus hydrolysate solution prepared by a newly developed Miscanthus hydrolysis process
- Kang, Kyoung Hee; Song, Bong Keun; Joo, Jeong Chan; Oh, Young Hoon; Yu, Ju Hyun; Hyun, Sung Min; Khang, Tae Uk; Park, Kyungmoon; Oh, Min-Kyu; Lee, Sang Yup; Park, Si Jae
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- BIORESOURCE TECHNOLOGY
- 0960-8524; 1873-2976
- vol. 245, pp. 1692 - 1700
- Corynebacterium glutamicum; Metabolic engineering; 5-Aminovaleric acid; Miscanthus; Pretreatment
- ELSEVIER SCI LTD
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- This study examined nine expired industrial Corynebacterium glutamicum strains with high lysine producing capability for enhanced production of 5-AVA. C. glutamicum KCTC 1857 exhibiting the highest lysine production was transformed with either original Pseudomonas putida davBA genes, encoding the 5-AVA biosynthesis pathway, or C. glutamicum codon-optimized davBA genes. C. glutamicum KCTC 1857 expressing the original genes had superior cell viability and 5-AVA production capability compared to the other strain. This strain produced 39.93 g/L of 5-AVA, which is the highest titer reported to date in fed-batch fermentation from glucose. Indeed, Miscanthus hydrolysate solution prepared from a novel process, comprising pretreatment, hydrolysis, purification, and concentration, was used as feedstock for 5-AVA production. A total of 12.51 g/L 5-AVA was produced from the Miscanthus hydrolysate; this value is 34.7% higher than that obtained from glucose in batch fermentation. (C) 2017 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 화학신소재공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.