View : 12 Download: 0
Fabry disease: Characterisation of the plasma proteome pre- and post-enzyme replacement therapy
- Fabry disease: Characterisation of the plasma proteome pre- and post-enzyme replacement therapy
- Heo S.H.; Kang E.; Kim Y.-M.; Go H.; Kim K.Y.; Jung J.Y.; Kang M.; Kim G.-H.; Kim J.-M.; Choi I.-H.; Choi J.-H.; Jung S.-C.; Desnick R.J.; Yoo H.-W.; Lee B.H.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Medical Genetics
- vol. 54, no. 11, pp. 771 - 780
- BMJ Publishing Group
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Background Fabry disease is characterised by the progressive accumulation of globotriaosylceramide (Gb3) and related glycosphingolipids in vascular endothelial cells. Enzyme replacement therapy (ERT) clears this accumulation. We analysed plasma proteome profiles before and after ERT to characterise its molecular pathology. Methods T wo-dimensional electrophoresis and matrixassisted laser desorption/ionisation-time of flight tandem mass spectrometry (MALDI-TOF MS) and tandem mass spectrometry (MS/MS) were done using plasma samples before and after ERT in eight patients with classical Fabry disease Results A fter short-term ERT (4-12 months), the levels of 15 plasma proteins involved in inflammation, oxidative and ischaemic injury, or complement activation were reduced significantly. Among them, β-actin (ACT B), inactivated complement C3b (iC3b), and C4B were elevated significantly in pre-ERT Fabry disease plasma compared with control plasma. After longer-term ERT (46-96 months), iC3b levels gradually decreased, whereas the levels of other proteins varied. The gradual reduction of iC3b was comparable to that of Gb3 levels. In addition, iC3b increased significantly in pre-ERT Fabry disease mouse plasma, and C3 deposits were notable in renal tissues of pre-enzyme replacement therapy patients. Conclusion T hese results indicated that C3-mediated complement activation might be altered in Fabry disease and ERT might promote its stabilisation. © Article author(s) (or their employer(s) unless otherwise stated in the text of the article) 2017.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.