View : 5 Download: 0
Improved prognostic stratification using NCCN- and GELTAMO-international prognostic index in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma
- Improved prognostic stratification using NCCN- and GELTAMO-international prognostic index in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma
- Hong, Junshik; Kim, Seok Jin; Chang, Myung Hee; Kim, Jeong-A; Kwak, Jae-Yong; Kim, Jin Seok; Yoon, Dok Hyun; Lee, Won Sik; Do, Young Rok; Kang, Hye Jin; Eom, Hyeon-Seok; Park, Yong; Won, Jong-Ho; Mun, Yeung-Chul; Kim, Hyo Jung; Kwon, Jung Hye; Kong, Jee Hyun; Oh, Sung Yong; Lee, Sunah; Bae, Sung Hwa; Yang, Deok-Hwan; Jun, Hyun Jung; Lee, Ho Sup; Yun, Hwan Jung; Lee, Soon Il; Kim, Min Kyoung; Yi, Jun Ho; Lee, Jae Hoon; Kim, Won Seog; Suh, Cheolwon
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- vol. 8, no. 54, pp. 92171 - 92182
- non-hodgkin lymphoma; diffuse large B-cell lymphoma; international prognostic index; prognosis; overall survival
- IMPACT JOURNALS LLC
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- The National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN)-International Prognostic Index (IPI) and GELTAMO (Grupo Espanol de Linfomas/Trasplante Autologo de Medula Osea)-IPI were developed to enable better risk prediction of patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL). The present study compared the effectiveness of risk prediction between IPI, NCCN-IPI, and GELTAMO-IPI in patients with DLBCL particularly in terms of determining high-risk patients. Among 439 patients who were enrolled to a prospective DLBCL cohort treated with R-CHOP immunochemotherapy, risk groups were classified according to the three IPIs and the prognostic significance of individual IPI factors and IPI models were analyzed and compared. All three IPI effectively separated the analyzed patients into four risk groups according to overall survival (OS). Estimated 5-year OS of patients classified as high-risk according to the IPI was 45.7%, suggesting that the IPI is limited in the selection of patients who are expected to have a poor outcome. In contrast, the 5-year OS of patients stratified as high-risk according to NCCN- and GELTAMO-IPI was 31.4% and 21.9%, respectively. The results indicate that NCCN- and GELTAMO-IPI are better than the IPI in predicting patients with poor prognosis, suggesting the superiority of enhanced, next-generation IPIs for DLBCL.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.