View : 5 Download: 0
IL-10 Plays a Pivotal Role in Tamoxifen-Induced Spasmolytic Polypeptide-Expressing Metaplasia in Gastric Mucosa
- IL-10 Plays a Pivotal Role in Tamoxifen-Induced Spasmolytic Polypeptide-Expressing Metaplasia in Gastric Mucosa
- Lee, Chansu; Lee, Hyuk; Hwang, Seo Yun; Moon, Chang Mo; Hong, Sung Noh
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- GUT AND LIVER
- 1976-2283; 2005-1212
- vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 789 - 797
- Stomach neoplasms; Spasmolytic polypeptide-expressing metaplasia; Interleukin-10
- EDITORIAL OFFICE GUT & LIVER
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Background/Aims: Gastric cancer evolves in the pathologic mucosal milieu, and its development is characterized by both the loss of acid-secreting parietal cells and mucosal cell metaplasia, called spasmolytic polypeptide-expressing metaplasia (SPEM). Cytokines, such as interleukin (IL)-10, IL-1 beta, and IL-6, play a key role in gastric carcinogenesis. However, changes in the cytokine profile of SPEM have not been evaluated. Methods: To induce SPEM in mouse stomachs, C57BL/6 mice were intraperitoneally injected with tamoxifen and sacrificed at 3, 10, and 21 days after treatment. RNA-sequencing (RNA-seq) and a multiplex bead array were used to measure cytokines in the stomachs of tamoxifen-treated/control mice. Results: The administration of tamoxifen led to the rapid development and histological normalization of SPEM 3 and 10 days after administration, respectively. RNA-seq revealed that the expression of IL-10 was decreased 3 days after tamoxifen administration. The multiplex assay identified a significant decline in IL-10 levels 3 days after tamoxifen treatment (58.38 +/- 34.44 pg/mL vs 94.09 +/- 4.98 pg/mL, p=0.031), which normalized at 10 and 21 days after tamoxifen treatment. Immunofluorescence staining confirmed that IL-10 expression was markedly decreased at the time of SPEM development and subsequently returned to normal, accompanied by a reversal in histologic changes. Conclusions: IL-10 may play a pivotal role in the tamoxifen-induced acute development of gastric SPEM.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.