View : 68 Download: 0
Evaluation of global sagittal balance in Koreans adults
- Evaluation of global sagittal balance in Koreans adults
- Cho Y.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Korean Neurosurgical Society
- Journal of Korean Neurosurgical Society vol. 60, no. 5, pp. 560 - 566
- Postural balance; Spinal curvatures; Spine
- Korean Neurosurgical Society
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Objective: The global sagittal postural patterns as characterized by Roussouly classification have been previously described in various ethnicities, there were no studies investigated in Koreans. To analyze the distribution of the global sagittal postural patterns in Korean adults using Roussouly classification, the author prospectively studied. Methods: 252 asymptomatic Korean adults was recruited. Data was obtained by reviewing the films for each subject. Spinopelvic parameters were measured and sagittal postural patterns were then determined according to Roussouly classification. We compared the data across different ethnicities from our study and a previous study to further characterize Korean sagittal postures. Results: The subject included 151 males and 101 females, with mean age of 33.2±8.2 years. The average descriptive results were as below: thoracic kyphosis 28.6±7.7°, lumbar lordosis 48.3±10.2°, sacral slope 37.8±5.8°, pelvic incidence 45.1±7.5°, pelvic tilt 9.4±6.7°, spinosacral angle 130.1±5.4°, and sagittal vertical axis 16.25±22.5 mm. 125 subjects among 252 (49.6%) belonged to Roussouly type 3 (namely neutral). There were also 58 (23%), 33 (13.1%), and 36 (14.3) subjects in type 1, 2, and 4 (namely non-neutral), respectively. Conclusion: Enrolling 252 asymptomatic Korean adults, this prospective study found that 49.6% of asymptomatic Korean adults possessed a sagittal posture of Roussouly type 3. All radiologic parameters follows general concept of spinal sagittal balance pattern. Overall, this study might be a basis for further investigation of spinal sagittal balance. © 2017 The Korean Neurosurgical Society
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.