View : 51 Download: 0
Meta-analysis of genome-wide SNP- A nd pathway-based associations for facets of neuroticism
- Meta-analysis of genome-wide SNP- A nd pathway-based associations for facets of neuroticism
- Kim S.E.; Kim H.-N.; Yun Y.-J.; Heo S.G.; Cho J.; Kwon M.-J.; Chang Y.; Ryu S.; Shin H.; Shin C.; Cho N.H.; Sung Y.A.; Kim H.-L.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Human Genetics
- vol. 62, no. 10, pp. 903 - 909
- Nature Publishing Group
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Neuroticism is a heritable personality trait that is comprised of distinct sub-factors, or facets. Sub-factors of neuroticism are linked to different emotional states or psychiatric symptoms and studying the genetic variants associated with these facets may help reveal the biological mechanisms underlying psychiatric disorders. In the present study, a meta-analysis of genome-wide association studies for six facets of neuroticism was performed in 5584 participants from three cohorts. Additionally, a Gene Set Enrichment Analysis was conducted to find biological pathways associated with each facet. Six neuroticism facets (N1: Anxiety, N2: Angry hostility, N3: Depression, N4: Self-consciousness, N5: Impulsivity and N6: Vulnerability) were assessed using the Korean version of the Revised NEO Personality Inventory. In the single-nucleotide polymorphism-based analysis, results showed genome-wide significance for N2 within the MIR548H3 gene (rs1360001, P=4.14 × 10 â '9). Notable genes with suggestive associations (P<1.0 × 10 â '6) were ITPR1 for N1, WNT7A for N2, FGF10 and FHIT for N3, DDR1 for N4, VGLL4 for N5 and PTPRD for N6. In the pathway-based analysis, the axon guidance pathway was identified to be associated with multiple facets of neuroticism (N2, N4 and N6). The focal adhesion and extracellular matrix receptor interaction pathways were significantly associated with N2 and N3. Our findings revealed genetic influences and biological pathways that are associated with facets of neuroticism. © 2017 The Japan Society of Human Genetics.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.