View : 146 Download: 0
Impact of interstitial lung disease on mortality of patients with rheumatoid arthritis
- Impact of interstitial lung disease on mortality of patients with rheumatoid arthritis
- Kim D.; Cho S.-K.; Choi C.-B.; Choe J.-Y.; Chung W.T.; Hong S.-J.; Jun J.-B.; Jung Y.O.; Kim T.-H.; Kim T.-J.; Lee H.-S.; Lee J.-H.; Lee J.; Lee S.-S.; Yoo D.-H.; Yoon B.Y.; Song J.W.; Bae S.-C.; Sung Y.-K.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Rheumatology International
- Rheumatology International vol. 37, no. 10, pp. 1735 - 1745
- Interstitial lung disease; Mortality; Prevalence; Rheumatoid arthritis
- Springer Verlag
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- To identify the prevalence of interstitial lung disease (ILD) in Korean patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and assess its effect on mortality. A total of 3555 patients with RA, with chest X-ray or chest computed tomography (CT) data at enrollment were extracted from the KORean Observational study Network for Arthritis cohort, a nationwide prospective cohort for patients with RA in Korea. The patients were classified into two groups: (1) an ILD group by chest X-ray or chest CT scan, and (2) a non-ILD group by these modalities. After comparing the characteristics of the groups at enrollment, mortalities were compared using the log-rank test. To explore the impact of ILD on mortality, Cox proportional hazard models were used. Sixty-four patients (1.8%) were identified with ILD. Male and older patients were more common in the ILD group. During a mean follow-up of 24 months, 6 patients (9.4%) in the ILD group and 25 patients (0.7%) in the non-ILD group died; the survival rate was significantly worse in the ILD group (p < 0.01). On adjusted analysis, ILD was significantly associated with increased mortality (HR 7.89, CI 3.16–19.69, p < 0.01); the risk of death in patients with ILD was even higher than in patients with cardiovascular disease (CVD, HR 4.10, CI 1.79–9.37, p < 0.01). The prevalence of ILD was 1.8% in Korean patients with RA. ILD is a major risk factor for mortality in patients with RA. © 2017, Springer-Verlag GmbH Germany.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.