View : 21 Download: 0
Unmet Needs and Caregiver Burden among Family Caregivers of Hospice Patients in South Korea
- Unmet Needs and Caregiver Burden among Family Caregivers of Hospice Patients in South Korea
- Lee J.; Cha C.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Hospice and Palliative Nursing
- vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 323 - 331
- asian continental ancestry group; caregivers; family; hospice care; terminal care
- Lippincott Williams and Wilkins
- SCIE; SSCI; SCOPUS
- Family caregivers of hospice patients experience burden of care, various unmet needs, and emotional pain, especially in cultures where social responsibilities are imposed on families with terminally ill patients. This study investigated unmet needs and caregiving burden of hospice patients' family caregivers in South Korea who care for patients as they are dying. A descriptive correlation study design queried 101 family caregivers of patients hospitalized in 4 urban hospice palliative care institutions. Data gathered between September 2015 and March 2016 were analyzed using descriptive statistics and correlations. A positive correlation emerged between unmet needs and burden of care. Many subdomains of unmet needs showed a significant positive correlation with burden of care: health and psychological problems, family and social support, information, religious and spiritual needs, and practical support needs. Unmet needs in South Korean family caregivers of hospitalized hospice patients aligned with a higher burden of care. Assessment and intervention for health and psychological problems, family and social support needs, and informational needs were discussed affiliated with culture, aiming to alleviate the unmet needs and burden of care in family caregivers of hospice patients. © 2017 by The Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 간호대학 > 간호학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.