View : 173 Download: 0
A new strategy for calculating the risk of ovarian malignancy algorithm (ROMA)
- A new strategy for calculating the risk of ovarian malignancy algorithm (ROMA)
- Jeong, Tae-Dong; Cho, Eun-Jung; Ko, Dae-Hyun; Lee, Woochang; Chun, Sail; Kwon, Hi Jeong; Hong, Ki-Sook; Kim, Yong-Man; Min, Won-Ki
- Ewha Authors
- 홍기숙; 정태동
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 홍기숙; 정태동
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- CLINICAL CHEMISTRY AND LABORATORY MEDICINE
- CLINICAL CHEMISTRY AND LABORATORY MEDICINE vol. 55, no. 8, pp. 1209 - 1214
- CA125; HE4; quantitative measurement; risk of ovarian malignancy algorithm
- WALTER DE GRUYTER GMBH
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Background: Reliable quantitative measurements of HE4 and CA125 levels are required to calculate the risk of ovarian malignancy algorithm (ROMA) value. We suggest a new reporting strategy for interpreting ROMA values based on analytical measurement range (AMR) and qualified- intervals of the HE4 and CA125 results. Methods: HE4 and CA125 assays from Abbott and Roche were used. The AMRs and the qualified-intervals were as follows: Architect HE4 assay, 20-1500 and 17.2-2637.8 pmol/L; Architect CA125 II assay, 1-1000 and 3.9-14,163.0 U/mL; Elecsys HE4 assay, 15-1500 and 28.8-3847 pmol/L; Elecsys CA125 II assay, 0.6-5000 and 6.5-5000 U/mL. These values were used to simulate the ROMA values. Results: Reporting algorithm for the ROMA value could be classified into three categories. (1) If quantitative HE4 and CA125 levels are reliable, the numerical ROMA value can be reported. (2) If HE4 value is < 20 and < 28.8 for Abbott and Roche in premenopausal woman, the ROMA value should be reported as "low risk" regardless of the CA125 result. In postmenopausal woman, however, it should be reported as "low risk" (CA125 < 203.0 and < 165.8 for Abbott and Roche) or "undetermined" (vice-versa value). (3) If CA125 value is < 3.9 and < 6.5 for Abbott and Roche, it should be reported as "low risk" (premenopausal HE4 < 51.5 and < 62.2, postmenopausal HE4 < 323.0 and < 281.5 for Abbott and Roche) or "undetermined" (vice-versa value). Conclusions: New reporting strategy will provide more informative reporting of ROMA values in clinical practice.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.