View : 16 Download: 0
Quick Screening of Pareto-Optimal Operating Conditions for Expanding Solvent-Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage Using Hybrid Multi-Objective Optimization Approach
- Quick Screening of Pareto-Optimal Operating Conditions for Expanding Solvent-Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage Using Hybrid Multi-Objective Optimization Approach
- Min, Baehyun; Kannan, Krupa; Srinivasan, Sanjay
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- vol. 10, no. 7
- oil sands; trade-off; ES-SAGD; Pareto-optimality; surrogate model
- MDPI AG
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Solvent-steam mixture is a key factor in controlling the economic efficiency of the solvent-aided thermal injection process for producing bitumen in a highly viscous oil sands reservoir. This paper depicts a strategy to quickly provide trade-off operating conditions of the Expanding Solvent-Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (ES-SAGD) process based on Pareto-optimality. Response surface models are employed to evaluate multiple ES-SAGD scenarios at low computational costs. The surrogate models play a role of objective-estimators in the multi-objective optimization that provides qualified ES-SAGD scenarios regarding bitumen recovery, steam-energy efficiency, and solvent-energy efficiency. The developed hybrid approach detects positive or negative correlations among the performance indicators of the ES-SAGD process. The derived Pareto-optimal operating conditions give flexibility in field development planning and thereby help decision makers determine the operating parameters of the ES-SAGD process based on their preferences.
- Appears in Collections:
- 일반대학원 > 대기과학공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.