View : 14 Download: 0
Teeth discoloration during orthodontic treatment
- Teeth discoloration during orthodontic treatment
- Baik, Un-Bong; Kim, Hoon; Chae, Hwa-Sung; Myung, Ji-Yun; Chun, Youn-Sic
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- KOREAN JOURNAL OF ORTHODONTICS
- 2234-7518; 2005-372X
- vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 334 - 339
- Esthetics; Perception; Diagnosis and treatment planning
- KOREAN ASSOC ORTHODONTISTS
- Objective: Teeth discoloration is a rare orthodontic complication. The aim of this study was to report the clinical progression of discoloration during orthodontic treatment. Methods: Discolored teeth, detected during orthodontic treatment between January 2003 and December 2012 by a single dentist using similar techniques and appliances, were analyzed. Results: The total number of teeth that showed discoloration was 28. Progression of discoloration was evaluated in only 24 teeth that were observed without any treatment. During the observation period, the discoloration "improved" in 8 of the 24 teeth (33.3%) and was "maintained" in 16 (66.6%). The electric pulp test performed at the time of initial detection of discoloration showed 14.3% positivity, which improved to 21.4% at the final follow-up. None of the initial and final follow-up radiographic findings showed any abnormalities. Conclusions: When teeth discoloration is detected during orthodontic treatment, observation as an initial management is recommended over immediate treatments.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.