View : 14 Download: 0
Association between CACNA1C gene polymorphisms and ritodrine-induced adverse events in preterm labor patients
- Association between CACNA1C gene polymorphisms and ritodrine-induced adverse events in preterm labor patients
- Baek, Min Young; Hwang, Han Sung; Park, Jin Young; Chung, Jee Eun; Lee, Kyung Eun; Lee, Gwan Yung; Seong, Jin Won; Yee, Jeong; Kim, Young Ju; Gwak, Hye Sun
- Ewha Authors
- 김영주; 곽혜선
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 김영주; 곽혜선
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- 0031-6970; 1432-1041
- vol. 73, no. 7, pp. 837 - 842
- Ritodrine; CACNA1C; Polymorphism; Adverse drug events; Preterm labor patients
- SPRINGER HEIDELBERG
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Purpose As a tocolytic agent, ritodrine has been used in European and Asian countries but has lost popularity due to safety concerns. This study aimed to investigate the relationship between adverse drug events caused by ritodrine and the CACNA1C polymorphisms in preterm labor patients. Methods Data were collected from medical records including maternal age, gestational age, body mass index, dilation score, effacement score, modified Bishop score, maximum infusion rate, and adverse drug events. Five single-nucleotide polymorphisms of the CACNA1C gene (rs10774053, rs215994, rs215976, rs2239128, and rs2041135) were analyzed. Results One hundred eighty-six patients were included, 33 of whom had adverse drug events. A allele carriers of rs10774053 showed about 0.293-fold lower adverse drug events than GG genotype carriers (p = 0.012, absolute risk reduction = 16.5%) after adjusting for other confounding variables; the number needed to genotype for preventing one patient with GG genotype from suffering higher incidence of adverse drug events was calculated to be 14.6. Increase in maximum infusion rate of 1 mL/h was associated with a 1.03-fold (95% CI 1.01 similar to 1.06, p = 0.005) increased risk of adverse drug events. None of the patients with a CC genotype of rs215994 had adverse drug events, whereas 22.1% of the T allele carriers had adverse drug events. Conclusion This study showed that CACNA1C gene polymorphisms could alter the probability of adverse drug event risk when ritodrine is used in preterm labor.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.