View : 14 Download: 0
Selective Ring-Opening of N-Alkyl Pyrrolidines with Chloroformates to 4-Chlorobutyl Carbamates
- Selective Ring-Opening of N-Alkyl Pyrrolidines with Chloroformates to 4-Chlorobutyl Carbamates
- Yu C.; Shoaib M.A.; Iqbal N.; Kim J.S.; Ha H.-J.; Cho E.J.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Organic Chemistry
- vol. 82, no. 13, pp. 6615 - 6620
- American Chemical Society
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Our study shows that among aza-heterocycles of various ring sizes, including aziridines, azetidines, pyrrolidines, and piperidines, only N-alkyl pyrrolidines undergo competitive reaction pathways with chloroformates to yield N-dealkylated pyrrolidines and 4-chlorobutyl carbamates. The pathway taken depends on the substituent on the nitrogen, i.e., ring-opening with methyl and ethyl substituents and dealkylation with a benzyl substituent. Computational calculations support the substituent-dependent product formation by showing the energy difference between the transition states of both reaction pathways. Selective ring-opening reactions of N-methyl and N-ethyl pyrrolidine derivatives with chloroformates were utilized to prepare various 4-chlorobutyl carbamate derivatives as valuable 1,4-bifunctional compounds. © 2017 American Chemical Society.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.