View : 100 Download: 0
The moment approach to accelerator beam tracking (space-charge model study, Part I)
- The moment approach to accelerator beam tracking (space-charge model study, Part I)
- Ahn H.E.
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of the Korean Physical Society
- vol. 50, no. 5 PART I, pp. 1368 - 1371
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- High intensity beam accelerators are being proposed or being developed worldwide. The space-charge force, which creates the beam halo, is becoming more significant for higher beam currents. An understanding of the beam loss due to the beam halo is an urgent requirement for designing new accelerators. The beam tracking code based on moments can be a valuable tool for understanding the beam halo effect. Because, compared to particle codes, the moment code only requires a small number of variables to be tracked, an efficient code can be developed to handle high-order, 3-D, space-charge simulations. This moment code is expected to be fast enough to work with optimizers, which will give us not only a simulation capability but a design capability. This paper presents a new space-charge model, which will lead to a useful algorithm for determining the space-charge force that is required by moment simulation codes.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사범대학 > 과학교육과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.