View : 134 Download: 0
The design methodology on government identity through visual thinking: Gestalt theory
- The design methodology on government identity through visual thinking: Gestalt theory
- Lee Y.; Kim S.-J.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- International Journal of Applied Engineering Research
- vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 798 - 803
- CMF; Figure and ground; Gestalt theory; Government identity; Visual thinking
- Research India Publications
- Currently, spurred on by the “Korean Hallyu Wave,” the importance of a national brand image is emerging as a major issue. As a result, government identity system development projects that capture national brand values and identity are all going full-swing. In this study, the researcher attempted to uncover the possibility of integrated approaches by extending the use of vision-centered methodology that was mainly addressed in the existing design development process to enhance communication functions and to strengthen the government visual identity of the Republic of Korea. The overall aspect of GI (Government Identity) was contemplated based on the visual perception theory that the form of a visual component (figure) is perceived not just by itself but as a whole with “background” or the environment where the subject is placed. The analysis was centered around CMF (Color, Material, Finishing), the elements that make up the background. The GI that is effectively conveyed through the relationship between the “figure” and “ground”, in other words the relationship of the sizes, and that of the placements was researched. We expect that the significance of this study can be found in the suggestion of an integrated design methodology that approaches GI holistically in order to communicate the identity of a nation effectively. © Research India Publications.
- Appears in Collections:
- 조형예술대학 > 시각디자인전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.