View : 38 Download: 0
A comparative study about style change of modern art and GUI
- A comparative study about style change of modern art and GUI
- Lee K.-E.; Choe J.-H.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- International Journal of Applied Engineering Research
- vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 788 - 792
- Art; GUI; Modernism; Style
- Research India Publications
- Recently, the GUI style of mobile and PC operation systems and applications have transformed from skeuomorphism, a realistic description of the subject’s appearance, to minimalism, an abstract expression. This type of GUI paradigm change is not a temporary trend, but can be seen as an attempt to newly establish the user experience in the digital environment. From this perspective, the purpose of this study is to evaluate the background that affected the changes in the GUI style and to predict the future direction of the transformation. In order to do this, we focused on the fact that the common denominator between the changes in GUI style and the contemporary art style was technological development, and evaluated that there was a similar causeand- effect relationship between the change patterns of the two. It is through this relationship that we evaluated it as possible to predict the future directions of GUI design changes through the projections of the art form transformations. Just as the traditional purpose of art, which was the objective recreation of a subject, began to divide into cubism and abstract expressionism in the 20th century, through avantgarde in the late 19th century, and into expression of human internal functions and context, we evaluated that GUI design could also evolve beyond the limited screen to express a more complex information structure and context of individuals. Therefore, we will evaluate the background that affected the changes in GUI style and predict future directions for design through analysis of the GUI style transformation process. It is predicted that the current GUI that is at a mid-ground between conception and abstraction will develop into a direction that expresses the meaning of the subject, the essence of the provided information, and the user’s context and emotions in an abstract way using primitive visual elements. © Research India Publications.
- Appears in Collections:
- 조형예술대학 > 영상디자인전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.