View : 21 Download: 0
Characteristics of exemplary altruists
- Characteristics of exemplary altruists
- Lee D.Y.; Kang C.H.; Lee J.Y.; Park S.H.
- Ewha Authors
- 강철희; 이동렬
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Humanistic Psychology
- vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 146 - 155
- SSCI; SCOPUS
- © 2005 Sage Publications Sixty exemplary altruists (EA) who have been honored individually in an hour-long national television program for their exemplary altruistic behaviors were individually interviewed for 90 to 120 minutes by trained MA-level interviewers. Their interviews were transcribed verbatim and were content analyzed. With regard to personality characteristics, the EAs showed a high sense of integrity and autonomy. With regard to developmental characteristics, the EAs reported a strong parental attachment, and their parents served as lifelong models for them. It was also observed that many experienced psychological or financial difficulties in their early years. A high sense of moral responsibility and a sense of internalized social responsibility to help those who are experiencing difficulties were primary reinforcers and maintainers of these individuals' altruistic behavior.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사회과학대학 > 사회복지학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.