View : 21 Download: 0
High Performance Information and Network Services for Multimedia-Integrated Distributed Control
- High Performance Information and Network Services for Multimedia-Integrated Distributed Control
- Lee W.; Srivastava J.; Richardson J.
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Proceedings of the Joint Conference on Information Sciences
- This paper in brief describes our experiences with the design and implementation of a heterogeneous distributed continuous media management system (HDIMI) for the global infosphere, which has been sponsored by U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory. The salient features of our framework are explained. Next, the paper explores the challenges faced in integrating commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) object-oriented products into the framework, and how it affected the design and implementation. The HDIMI project has focused primarily on developing broadly-applicable information management technology as opposed to C 4I applications, and evaluated in the context of application-oriented programs such as DARPA's JFACC and Adaptive Information Control Environment (AICE). HDIMI includes a component that performed admission control and adaptive multi-resource scheduling based on applications' Quality-of-Service (QoS) needs.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 컴퓨터공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.