View : 30 Download: 0
Effects of Schiff Base Formation and Aldol Condensation on the Determination of Aldehydes in Rice Wine Using GC-MS
- Effects of Schiff Base Formation and Aldol Condensation on the Determination of Aldehydes in Rice Wine Using GC-MS
- Han, Ji Hye; Lee, Sang Mi; Kim, Young-Suk
- Ewha Authors
- 김영석; 이상미
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 김영석; 이상미
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- vol. 22, no. 4
- alcoholic beverage; aldehydes; pH; amino acids; Schiff base formation; aldol condensation
- MDPI AG
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- The Schiff base reaction and aldol condensation that occur during sample preparation can lead to the reduction of aldehyde content in the analysis of traditional Korean rice wine, makgeolli. The contents of aldehydes were decreased, whereas those of hydroxy carbonyl compounds were increased by increasing the pH. In the presence of added amino acids, the levels of aldehydes in makgeolli were reduced as the amount of the amino acid alanine increased. Also, the contents of hydroxyl carbonyl compounds were reduced by alanine addition as compared to the control. Therefore, the determination of aldehydes can be affected by pH and the amount of amino acids, which can vary during fermentation and storage of alcoholic beverages because pH and amino acids affect Schiff base formation and aldol condensation.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 식품공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.