View : 224 Download: 0
Aggregation of an n-π∗ Molecule Induces Fluorescence Turn-on
- Aggregation of an n-π∗ Molecule Induces Fluorescence Turn-on
- Jhun B.H.; Yi S.Y.; Jeong D.; Cho J.; Park S.Y.; You Y.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Physical Chemistry C
- Journal of Physical Chemistry C vol. 121, no. 21, pp. 11907 - 11914
- American Chemical Society
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Although n-π∗ molecules can serve as electroluminescent materials because of the harvesting of singlet and triplet excitons through El-Sayed-rule-allowed reverse intersystem crossing, the weak fluorescence emissions of such molecules have prevented applications into devices. We have discovered a 1 order of magnitude enhancement of the fluorescence of a prototypical n-π∗ fluorophore, 7-phenylcoumarin (PC), upon aggregation. We performed a mechanistic study consisting of structural, photophysical, and quantum chemical investigations, and found that the aggregation positioned the fluorescent electronic state below the nonemissive triplet n-π∗ transition state. Our studies, for the first time, demonstrate intramolecular geometry and intermolecular arrangements in the solid state to be significant factors in the photoluminescence quantum yields of n-π∗ fluorophores. © 2017 American Chemical Society.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 화학신소재공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.