View : 67 Download: 0
Vaginal Brenner tumor with literature review: does this tumour originate from Walthard nests?
- Vaginal Brenner tumor with literature review: does this tumour originate from Walthard nests?
- Park, Sanghui; Cho, Min-Sun
- Ewha Authors
- 조민선; 박상희
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 조민선; 박상희
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- MALAYSIAN JOURNAL OF PATHOLOGY
- vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 89 - 93
- Brenner tumour; vagina; Walthard nest
- MALAYSIAN JOURNAL PATHOLOGY
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Vaginal Brenner tumor is extremely rare. Only five cases have been reported in the English literature to date. Here we report a vaginal Brenner tumor in a 76-year old postmenopausal woman, who presented with a 2.5cm-sized sessile vaginal polyp. Microscopically, it showed characteristic features of Brenner tumor consisting of three components; transitional islands, glands, and dense fibrous stroma. The epithelial tumor cells were positive for GATA-3, p63 and ER, but negative for PAX8. The origin of Brenner tumors in the vagina is unclear, but previous reports suggested of Mullerian origin. However, our case revealed that vaginal Walthard nests could be possible precursor lesions based on their immunohistochemical staining results.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.