View : 39 Download: 0
Fine-tuning of gene expression dynamics by the Set2-Rpd3S pathway
- Fine-tuning of gene expression dynamics by the Set2-Rpd3S pathway
- Lee, Bo Bae; Kim, Ji Hyun; Kim, TaeSoo
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- BMB REPORTS
- 1976-6696; 1976-670X
- vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 162 - 163
- Gene expression dynamics; H3K36 methylation; Histone deacetylation; Rpd3S HDAC; Set2
- KOREAN SOCIETY BIOCHEMISTRY & MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- RNA polymerase II-interacting the Set2 methyltransferase co-transcriptionally methylates histone H3 at lysine 36 within the body of genes. This modification facilitates histone deacetylation by Rpd3S HDAC in 3' transcribed regions to suppress cryptic initiation and slow elongation. Although this pathway is important for global deacetylation, no strong effects have been seen on genome-wide transcription under optimized laboratory conditions. In contrast, this pathway slows the kinetics of mRNA induction when target genes are induced upon environmental changes. Interestingly, a majority of Set2-repressed genes are overlapped by a lncRNA transcription that targets H3K36 methylation and deacetylation by Rpd3S HDAC to mRNA promoters. Furthermore, this pathway delays the induction of many cryptic transcripts upon environmental changes. Therefore, the Set2-Rpd3S HDAC pathway functions to fine-tune expression dynamics of mRNAs and ncRNAs.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 생명과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.