View : 76 Download: 0
Multi-Electron Oxidation of Anthracene Derivatives by Nonheme Manganese(IV)-Oxo Complexes
- Multi-Electron Oxidation of Anthracene Derivatives by Nonheme Manganese(IV)-Oxo Complexes
- Sharma, Namita; Jung, Jieun; Lee, Yong-Min; Seo, Mi Sook; Nam, Wonwoo; Fukuzumi, Shunichi
- Ewha Authors
- 남원우; 이용민; Shunichi Fukuzumi; 서미숙; 정지은
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 남원우; Shunichi Fukuzumi; 서미숙; 정지은
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- CHEMISTRY-A EUROPEAN JOURNAL
- 0947-6539; 1521-3765
- vol. 23, no. 29, pp. 7125 - 7131
- anthracene; bioinorganic chemistry; electron transfer; hydrogen-atom transfer; manganese
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Six-electron oxidation of anthracene to anthraqui-none by a nonheme Mn-IV-oxo complex, [(Bn-TPEN)Mn-IV(O)] (2+), proceeds through a rate-determining electron transfer from anthracene to [(Bn-TPEN) Mn-IV(O)](2+), followed by subsequent fast oxidation reactions to give anthraquinone. The reduced Mn-II complex ([(Bn-TPEN) Mn-II](2+)) is oxidized by [(Bn-TPEN)Mn-IV(O)](2+) rapidly to produce the mu-oxo dimer ([(Bn-TPEN)Mn-III- O-Mn-III(Bn-TPEN)](4+)). The oxygen atoms of the anthraquinone product were found to derive from the manganese-oxo species by the O-18-labelling experiments. In the presence of Sc3+ ion, formation of an anthracene radical cation was directly detected in the electron transfer from anthracene to a Sc3+ ion-bound Mn-IV(O) complex, [(Bn-TPEN)Mn-IV( O)-(Sc(OTf)(3))(2)](2+), followed by subsequent further oxidation to yield anthraquinone. When anthracene was replaced by 9,10-dimethylanthracene, electron transfer from 9,10-dimethylanthracene to [(Bn-TPEN) Mn-IV(O)-(Sc(OTf)(3))(2)](2+) occurred rapidly to produce stable 9,10-dimethylanthracene radical cation. The driving force dependence of the rate constants of electron transfer from the anthracene derivatives to [(Bn-TPEN) Mn-IV(O)](2+) and [(Bn-TPEN) Mn-IV(O)-(Sc(OTf)(3))(2)](2+) was well-evaluated in light of the Marcus theory of electron transfer.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.