View : 219 Download: 0
CONSECUTIVE ANALYSIS OF MUTATION SPECTRUM IN THE DYSTROPHIN GENE OF 507 KOREAN BOYS WITH DUCHENNE/BECKER MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY IN A SINGLE CENTER
- CONSECUTIVE ANALYSIS OF MUTATION SPECTRUM IN THE DYSTROPHIN GENE OF 507 KOREAN BOYS WITH DUCHENNE/BECKER MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY IN A SINGLE CENTER
- Cho, Anna; Seong, Moon-Woo; Lim, Byung Chan; Lee, Hwa Jeen; Byeon, Jung Hye; Kim, Seung Soo; Kim, Soo Yeon; Choi, Sun Ah; Wong, Ai-Lynn; Lee, Jeongho; Kim, Jon Soo; Ryu, Hye Won; Lee, Jin Sook; Kim, Hunmin; Hwang, Hee; Choi, Ji Eun; Kim, Ki Joong; Hwang, Young Seung; Hong, Ki Ho; Park, Seungman; Cho, Sung Im; Lee, Seung Jun; Park, Hyunwoong; Seo, Soo Hyun; Park, Sung Sup; Chae, Jong Hee
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- MUSCLE & NERVE
- MUSCLE & NERVE vol. 55, no. 5, pp. 727 - 734
- Becker muscular dystrophy; Duchenne muscular dystrophy; dystrophin; mutation spectrum; point mutation
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Introduction: Duchenne and Becker muscular dystrophies (DMD and BMD) are allelic X-linked recessive muscle diseases caused by mutations in the large and complex dystrophin gene. Methods: We analyzed the dystrophin gene in 507 Korean DMD/BMD patients by multiple ligation-dependent probe amplification and direct sequencing. Results: Overall, 117 different deletions, 48 duplications, and 90 pathogenic sequence variations, including 30 novel variations, were identified. Deletions and duplications accounted for 65.4% and 13.3% of Korean dystrophinopathy, respectively, suggesting that the incidence of large rearrangements in dystrophin is similar among different ethnic groups. We also detected sequence variations in >100 probands. The small variations were dispersed across the whole gene, and 12.3% were nonsense mutations. Conclusions: Precise genetic characterization in patients with DMD/BMD is timely and important for implementing nationwide registration systems and future molecular therapeutic trials in Korea and globally.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.