View : 128 Download: 0
Optimized Adoption of NVM Storage by Considering Workload Characteristics
- Optimized Adoption of NVM Storage by Considering Workload Characteristics
- Kim, Jisun; Bahn, Hyokyung
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF SEMICONDUCTOR TECHNOLOGY AND SCIENCE
- 1598-1657; 2233-4866
- vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 1 - 6
- Non-volatile memory; storage system; swap device; file system; journaling
- IEEK PUBLICATION CENTER
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- This paper presents an optimized adoption of NVM for the storage system of heterogeneous applications. Our analysis shows that a bulk of I/O does not happen on a single storage partition, but it is varied significantly for different application categories. In particular, journaling I/O accounts for a dominant portion of total I/O in DB applications like OLTP, whereas swap I/O accounts for a large portion of I/O in graph visualization applications, and file I/O accounts for a large portion in web browsers and multimedia players. Based on these observations, we argue that maximizing the performance gain with NVM is not obtained by fixing it as a specific storage partition but varied widely for different applications. Specifically, for graph visualization, DB, and multimedia player applications, using NVM as a swap, a journal, and a file system partitions, respectively, performs well. Our optimized adoption of NVM improves the storage performance by 10-61%.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 컴퓨터공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.