View : 87 Download: 0
A Working-set Sensitive Page Replacement Policy for PCM-based Swap Systems
- A Working-set Sensitive Page Replacement Policy for PCM-based Swap Systems
- Park, Yunjoo; Bahn, Hyokyung
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF SEMICONDUCTOR TECHNOLOGY AND SCIENCE
- 1598-1657; 2233-4866
- vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 7 - 14
- Phase-change memory; working-set; replacement policy; virtual memory; CLOCK
- IEEK PUBLICATION CENTER
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Due to the recent advances in PhageChange Memory (PCM) technologies, a new memory hierarchy of computer systems with PCM is expected to appear. In this paper, we present a new page replacement policy that adopts PCM as a high speed swap device. As PCM has limited write endurance, our goal is to minimize the amount of data written to PCM. To do so, we defer the eviction of dirty pages in proportion to their dirtiness. However, excessive preservation of dirty pages in memory may deteriorate the page fault rate, especially when the memory capacity is not enough to accommodate full working-set pages. Thus, our policy monitors the current working-set size of the system, and controls the deferring level of dirty pages not to degrade the system performances. Simulation experiments show that the proposed policy reduces the write traffic to PCM by 160% without performance degradations.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 컴퓨터공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.