View : 155 Download: 0
Support program for women suffering grief after termination of pregnancy: A pilot study
- Support program for women suffering grief after termination of pregnancy: A pilot study
- Sriarporn, Punpilai; Turale, Sue; Lordee, Nuananong; Liamtrirat, Sawanee; Hanpra, Wasana; Kanthino, Authid
- Ewha Authors
- Susan Turale
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Susan Turale
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- NURSING & HEALTH SCIENCES
- 1441-0745; 1442-2018
- vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 75 - 80
- grief; loss; suffering; support program; termination of pregnancy; Thai women
- SCIE; SSCI; SCOPUS
- In this study, we preliminarily examined the effects of the Informational and Emotional Support Program for Women after Pregnancy Termination in 30 Thai women. A literature review and House's theory of social support informed the program content, which consisted of the following elements: (i) an evaluation of grief; (ii) an analysis of the problems and needs of each woman; (iii) informational and emotional support tailored to individual problems and needs; (iv) telephone support; and (v) an exit phone interview. The Grief Questionnaire for Women after Pregnancy Termination was used to measure changes in the grief levels of participants. The data were analyzed using descriptive statistics and the contingency coefficient. At the completion of the study, the participants' average grief score had decreased from the prior grief score and was in the moderate to low range. These preliminary findings indicate that the support program can be effective in real-life situations in Thailand to assist women who are grieving after the termination of pregnancy. Our findings highlight the need for nursing and emotional support to be provided to help Thai women after the TOP.
- Appears in Collections:
- 간호대학 > 간호학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.