View : 265 Download: 0
Quality of tri-Co-60 MR-IGRT treatment plans in comparison with VMAT treatment plans for spine SABR
- Quality of tri-Co-60 MR-IGRT treatment plans in comparison with VMAT treatment plans for spine SABR
- Choi, Chang Heon; Park, So-Yeon; Kim, Jung-In; Kim, Jin Ho; Kim, Kyubo; Carlson, Joel; Park, Jong Min
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- BRITISH JOURNAL OF RADIOLOGY
- BRITISH JOURNAL OF RADIOLOGY vol. 90, no. 1070
- BRITISH INST RADIOLOGY
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Objective: To investigate the plan quality of tri-Co-60 intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) plans for spine stereotactic ablative radiotherapy (SABR). Methods: A total of 20 patients with spine metastasis were retrospectively selected. For each patient, a tri-Co-60 IMRT plan and a volumetric-modulated arc therapy (VMAT) plan were generated. The spinal cords were defined based on MR images for the tri-Co-60 IMRT, while isotropic 1-mm margins were added to the spinal cords for the VMAT plans. The VMAT plans were generated with 10-MV flattening filter-free photon beams of TrueBeam STx (TM) (Varian Medical Systems, Palo Alto, CA), while the tri-Co-60 IMRT plans were generated with the ViewRay (TM) system (ViewRay inc., Cleveland, OH). The initial prescription dose was 18Gy (1 fraction). If the tolerance dose of the spinal cord was not met, the prescription dose was reduced until the spinal cord tolerance dose was satisfied. Results: The mean dose to the target volumes, conformity index and homogeneity index of the VMAT and tri-Co-60 IMRT were 17.8 +/- 0.8 vs 13.7 +/- 3.9 Gy, 0.85 +/- 0.20 vs 1.58 +/- 1.29 and 0.09 +/- 0.04 vs 0.24 +/- 0.19, respectively. The integral doses and beam-on times were 16,570 +/- 1768 vs 22,087 +/- 2.986 Gy cm(3) and 3.95 +/- 1.13 vs 48.82 +/- 10.44 min, respectively. Conclusion: The tri-Co-60 IMRT seems inappropriate for spine SABR compared with VMAT. Advances in knowledge: For spine SABR, the tri-Co-60 IMRT is inappropriate owing to the large penumbra, large leaf width and low dose rate of the ViewRay system.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.