View : 132 Download: 0
Diiridium(III) complexes: luminescent probes and sensors for G-quadruplex DNA and endoplasmic reticulum imaging
- Diiridium(III) complexes: luminescent probes and sensors for G-quadruplex DNA and endoplasmic reticulum imaging
- Anjong, Tikum Florence; Kim, Gyoungmi; Jang, Ha Yoon; Yoon, Juyoung; Kim, Jinheung
- Ewha Authors
- 윤주영; 김진흥
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 윤주영; 김진흥
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- NEW JOURNAL OF CHEMISTRY
- 1144-0546; 1369-9261
- vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 377 - 386
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Two new dinuclear iridium (Ir) complexes bridged by a conjugated aromatic tppz ligand, (bhq)(2)Ir(tppz)Ir(bhq)(2) (1) and (ppy)(2)Ir(tppz)Ir(ppy)(2) (2) (bhq = benzo(h)quinolone, ppy = phenyl-pyridine, tppz = tetrapyrido[ 3,2-a:2',3'-c:3 '',2 ''-h:2''',3'''-j] phenazine), were prepared. The DNA binding properties of complexes 1 and 2 were studied using single-stranded DNA, double-stranded DNA, and G-quadruplex DNA. G-Quadruplex binding was characterized by higher emission enhancements than those observed with other control DNA strands. Photophysical properties of complexes 1 and 2 indicated that 1 displayed selective G-quadruplex binding affinity, but 2 did not. The emission properties of complexes 1 and 2 were also studied using liposomes in order to understand their possible interactions with lipid-rich organelles in live cells. The phosphorescence intensity of 1 and 2 was enhanced upon interaction with liposomes, but 2 showed greater enhancement. We also confirmed that 1 and 2 could be used as probes in live cells. Complexes 1 and 2 were intensely stained in HeLa cervical cancer cells. Excitation with a lambda = 488 nm laser showed red emission localized in the cytosol of cells. Cellular studies showed that 1 and 2 were located inside HeLa cells, but neither complex passed through the nuclear membrane. However, complexes 1 and 2 possessed superior photostability, indicating their role as good luminescent agents for imaging and tracking the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) in live cells. Overall, complex 1 exhibited better selectivity for G-quadruplexes, liposomes, and ER staining.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.