View : 201 Download: 0
Project Customization and the Supplier Revenue-Cost Dilemmas: The Critical Roles of Supplier-Customer Coordination
- Project Customization and the Supplier Revenue-Cost Dilemmas: The Critical Roles of Supplier-Customer Coordination
- Wang, Yonggui; Lee, Jongkuk; Fang, Er (Eric); Ma, Shuang
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF MARKETING
- 0022-2429; 1547-7185
- vol. 81, no. 1, pp. 136 - 154
- customization; project revenues-costs; customer participation; demand ambiguity; relational embeddedness
- AMER MARKETING ASSOC
- SSCI; SCOPUS
- This study examines customization as a coordination problem in transactions with business customers. Marketing research has investigated challenges associated with customized offers from the customer side; however, scant research has examined the supplier's challenges and their performance implications. The authors distinguish between project revenues and costs to reveal a fundamental dilemma that suppliers face during customization. Analyses of dyadic survey data collected from a software supplier and its business customers, as well as objective revenue and cost data, reveal a tension between project revenues and costs. The outcomes of customization depend on factors that relieve the coordination problem, such as customer demand ambiguity, customer participation, product modularity, project teamtechnological capability, and relational embeddedness. These findings provide a basis to assess the value of customization as a tool to implement a customer-oriented business-to-business marketing strategy.
- Appears in Collections:
- 경영대학 > 경영학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.