View : 205 Download: 0
Normal 2-dimensional strain values of the left ventricle: A substudy of the normal echocardiographic measurements in Korean population study
- Normal 2-dimensional strain values of the left ventricle: A substudy of the normal echocardiographic measurements in Korean population study
- Park J.-H.; Lee J.-H.; Lee S.Y.; Choi J.-O.; Shin M.-S.; Kim M.-J.; Jung H.O.; Park J.R.; Sohn I.S.; Kim H.; Park S.-M.; Yo N.J.; Cho J.H.; Kim H.-K.; Cho G.-Y.; Lee M.-R.; Park J.-S.; Shim C.Y.; Kim D.-H.; Shin D.-H.; Shin G.J.; Shin S.H.; Kim K.H.; Kim W.-S.; Park S.W.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Cardiovascular Ultrasound
- vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 285 - 293
- Echocardiography; Normal population; Reference value; Strain
- Korean Society of Echocardiography
- SCOPUS; KCI
- Background: It is important to understand the distribution of 2-dimensional strain values in normal population. We performed a multicenter trial to measure normal echocardiographic values in the Korean population. Methods: This was a substudy of the Normal echOcardiogRaphic Measurements in KoreAn popuLation (NORMAL) study. Echocardiographic specialists measured frequently used echocardiographic indices in healthy people according to a standardized method at 23 different university hospitals. The strain values were analyzed from digitally stored images. Results: Of a total of 1003 healthy participants in NORMAL study, 2-dimensional strain values were measured in 501 subjects (265 females, mean age 47 ± 15 years old) with echocardiographic images only by GE echocardiographic machines. Interventricular septal thickness, left ventricular (LV) posterior wall thickness, systolic and diastolic LV dimensions, and LV ejection fraction were 7.5 ± 1.0 mm, 7.4 ± 1.0 mm, 29.9 ± 2.8 mm, 48.9 ± 3.6 mm, and 62 ± 4%, respectively. LV longitudinal systolic strain (LS) values of apical 4-chamber (A4C) view, apical 3-chamber (A3C) view, apical 2-chamber (A2C) view, and LV global LS (LVGLS) were -20.1 ± 2.3, -19.9 ± 2.7, -21.2 ± 2.6, and -20.4 ± 2.2%, respectively. LV longitudinal systolic strain rate (LVLSR) values of the A4C view, A3C view, A2C view, and LV global LSR (LVGLSR) were -1.18 ± 0.18, -1.20 ± 0.21, -1.25 ± 0.21, and -1.21 ± 0.21-s, respectively. Females had lower LVGLS (-21.2 ± 2.2% vs. -19.5 ± 1.9%, p < 0.001) and LVGLSR (-1.25 ± 0.18-s vs. -1.17 ± 0.15-s, p < 0.001) values than males. Conclusion: We measured LV longitudinal strain and strain rate values in the normal Korean population. Since considerable gender differences were observed, normal echocardiographic cutoff values should be differentially applied based on sex. © 2016 Korean Society of Echocardiography.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.