View : 196 Download: 0
Rational design, synthesis, and evaluation of novel 2,4-Chloro- and Hydroxy-Substituted diphenyl Benzofuro[3,2-b]Pyridines: Non-intercalative catalytic topoisomerase I and II dual inhibitor
- Rational design, synthesis, and evaluation of novel 2,4-Chloro- and Hydroxy-Substituted diphenyl Benzofuro[3,2-b]Pyridines: Non-intercalative catalytic topoisomerase I and II dual inhibitor
- Park, Seojeong; Magar, Til Bahadur Thapa; Kadayat, Tara Man; Lee, Hwa Jong; Bist, Ganesh; Shrestha, Aarajana; Lee, Eung-Seok; Kwon, Youngjoo
- Ewha Authors
- 이화정; 권영주
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 이화정; 권영주
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY
- 0223-5234; 1768-3254
- vol. 127, pp. 318 - 333
- 2,4-chloro- and hydroxy-substituted; diphenyl benzofuro[3,2-b]pyridines; Dual topoisomerase I and II inhibition; Antiproliferative activity; Non-intercalative catalytic inhibiton; Anticancer agent
- ELSEVIER FRANCE-EDITIONS SCIENTIFIQUES MEDICALES ELSEVIER
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Novel series of conformationally constrained 2,4-chloro-and hydroxy-substituted diphenyl benzofuro 13,2-b]pyridines were rationally designed and synthesized. Their biological activities were evaluated for topoisomerase I and II inhibitory activity, and antiproliferative activity against several human cancer cell lines for the development of novel anticancer agents. Most of the compounds with phenol moiety at 4 position of central pyridine exhibited significant dual topoisomerase I and II inhibitory activities, and strong antiproliferative activity in low micromolar range. Structure activity relationship study suggested that phenol moiety at 4-position of the central pyridine regardless of chlorophenyl moiety at 2-position of the central pyridine has an important role in dual topoisomerase inhibitory activity as well as anti proliferative activity. For investigation of mode of action for compound 14 which displayed the most strong dual topoisomerase I and II inhibitory activity and antiproliferative activity against HCT15 cell, we performed cleavable complex assay, band depletion assay, comet assay, and competitive EtBr displacement assay. Compound 14 functioned as non-intercalative catalytic topo I and II dual inhibitor. In addition, compound 14 induced apoptosis in HCT15 cells through increase of Bax, decrease of Bcl-2 and increase of PARP cleavage. (C) 2017 Elsevier Masson SAS. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.