View : 62 Download: 0
Differential effect of 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene on human and mouse CYP1B1 from livers of castrated transgenic mice
- Differential effect of 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene on human and mouse CYP1B1 from livers of castrated transgenic mice
- Hwang D.Y.; Chae K.R.; Kim C.K.; Kim B.G.; Shim S.B.; Jee S.W.; Lee S.H.; Sin J.S.; Jang M.K.; Seo S.J.; Kim M.S.; Cho J.S.; Sheen Y.Y.; Choi S.Y.; Kim Y.K.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- International Journal of Toxicology
- International Journal of Toxicology vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 71 - 80
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Humanized transgenic mice coexpressing tetracycline-controlled transactivator (tTA) and human cytochrome P450 1B1 (CYP1B1) (hCYP1B1) have been created by this group. The aims of this study was to determine if 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene (DMBA) functions as testosterone or doxycycline in its ability to induce or reduce expression of hCYP1B1 or endogenous mouse CYP1B1 (mCYP1B1). This was tested in the livers by treating castrated transgenic males and hCYP1B1/luciferase-transfected cells with DMBA. Herein, DMBA-treated group exhibited (i) gradual reduction of hCYP1B1 expression at the transcript, protein, and activity levels but gradually induced its transcript level during DMBA release; (ii) gradual reduction of hCYP1B1 at the transcript and protein levels, as in the case of doxycycline or testosterone; (iii) gradual induction of mCYP1B1 expression at the transcript and protein levels but gradually reduced its transcript level during DMBA release. In parallel, DMBA-treated transfected cells exhibited gradual increase in luciferase activity in a time-and dose-dependent manner. Thus, castrated transgenic males or in vitro system could be useful as models for the detection of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) or environmental toxicants by measuring either hCYP1B1 or mCYP1B1 expressions. Copyright © American College of Toxicology.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.